Sovereign Hill & Ballarat Gold Mine Tours
1 Day Tour
Operates: Mon, Tue, Thu & Sat
Departs: 7:20 am (approximately)
Returns: 5:30 pm (approximately)
- Entry to Sovereign Hill
- Underground mine tour
- Guided Tour
- Air conditioned bus travel
SOVEREIGN HILL & BALLARAT GOLD MINE TOURS HIGHLIGHTS
- Step back in time to a perfectly recreated 1850’s Goldmining Town.
- Visit shops and goldsmiths and craftsmen of a bygone era.
- Try your luck panning for gold.
- See working Clydesdale horses go about their everyday businesss.
- Take an underground adventure tour of the Red Hill Mine, which depicts the discovery of the world’s second largest gold nugget ever found.
- See theatre performers bring back to life the ways of old.
- Hear the story of Australia’s infamous Eureka Stockade.
- Visit the historic and charming town of Ballart, with optional wildlife Park
- Visit the Gold Museum
Ballarat Wildlife Park entry $35
WHAT TO BRING?
Hat & Sun glasses
Comfortable walking shoes
Money for dinner
ABOUT THE SOVEREIGN HILL & BALLARAT GOLD MINE TOURS
The past is very much present in towns like Ballarat whose early wealth and proud history were due to the mighty gold discovery of the mid-1850s. The glorious legacy that gold bestowed on this colonial town is still evidently restored buildings and atmosphere of proud Ballarat. Sovereign Hill in Ballarat is a perfectly recreated example of Gold rush life during Victoria’s Golden era. Explore the daily ritual of this Gold town and stroll the main street to visit with Goldsmiths, crafts people, traders, soldiers and the like. Find your own fortune whilst panning for gold in the stream, go “underground” to the fascinating Gold mine and museum or ride the stage-coach through the village. Exhibits and displays unfold before you as you stroll through this bustling pioneer township. Have a chat to the gentle town folk and be captivated by the friendly outlook on their 1850s daily life. Some activities are at your own expense.
Click the below image to download our latest brochure.
Submit your review