Sovereign Hill & Ballarat Gold Mine Tours
1 Day Tour
Operates: Mon, Tue, Thu & Sat
Departs: 7:20 am (approximately)
Returns: 5:30 pm (approximately)
- Morning tea and biscuits
- Picnic lunch
- National Park entry
- Guided Tour
- Air conditioned bus travel
SOVEREIGN HILL & BALLARAT GOLD MINE TOURS HIGHLIGHTS
- Pass through the historic gold towns of Beaufort & Ararat
- Explore the wonder at the outstanding natural beauty and rich indigenous heritage, surrounding the Grampians National Park sandstone mountain range
- Experience Aboriginal Culture at Brambuk Cultural Centre
- Home to an abundant amount of Australian wildlife
- Relax in the scenic township of Halls Gap for lunch
- Get fantastic views from Boroka Lookout or Lake Bellfield
- View the amazing rock formations at Balconies Walk or famous Jaws of Death, as featured in the famous Japanese Animation Princess Mononoke
- Enjoy the spectacular views from Reeds Lookout
- Walk down to the base of MacKenzie Falls or Silverband Falls to cool off.
- Moderate level of fitness required to complete 2 hours of hiking within Grampians National Park
Wildlife Park $35
WHAT TO BRING?
Hat & Sun glasses
Comfortable walking shoes
Money for dinner
ABOUT THE SOVEREIGN HILL & BALLARAT GOLD MINE TOURS
The past is very much present in towns like Ballarat whose early wealth and proud history were due to the mighty gold discovery of the mid-1850s. The glorious legacy that gold bestowed on this colonial town is still evidently restored buildings and atmosphere of proud Ballarat. Sovereign Hill in Ballarat is a perfectly recreated example of Gold rush life during Victoria’s Golden era. Explore the daily ritual of this Gold town and stroll the main street to visit with Goldsmiths, crafts people, traders, soldiers and the like. Find your own fortune whilst panning for gold in the stream, go “underground” to the fascinating Gold mine and museum or ride the stage-coach through the village. Exhibits and displays unfold before you as you stroll through this bustling pioneer township. Have a chat to the gentle town folk and be captivated by the friendly outlook on their 1850s daily life. Some activities are at your own expense.
Click the below image to download our latest brochure.
Submit your review