1/2 Day Penguin Express Tour
Operates: DAILY (all year-round)
Departs: 13:30:pm (winter) / 15:30 pm (summer)
Returns: 22:30 pm (winter) / 00:00 am (summer)
- Want to spend more time in the ‘World’s Most Liveable City’?
- Strapped for time then why not travel on our express transfer to see the Penguins up close.
- Pass through the magnificent coastal beaches & see the rocky coastline of Phillip Island.
- Learn about the astonishing life of the penguins at the interactive, award winning information centre
- Witness the world’s smallest and cutest penguins waddle ashore at sunset
Direct transfer to Phillip Island to witness the little penguins waddle ashore at the Penguin Parade at sunset and return to Melbourne.
Includes: Penguin parade entry fee, National Park fee, Guided tour with commentary, Small group experience, Air-conditioned bus travel
Add Ons: Penguins Plus Viewing Platform $30, Eureka Skydeck and Edge Experience voucher for only $27 (usually $32)
Phillip Island is 135 kilometres south-east of Melbourne, between Western Port Bay and Bass Strait. At sunset during the summer months, hundreds of Little Penguins (formerly known as Fairy Penguins) tumble ashore onto the island’s Summerland Beach after a day’s fishing (they swim 15-50km a day in their hunt for food). As they waddle up beach tracks to their burrows in the sand dunes, they pause along the way to preen for the visitors, who must keep to designated paths. Be sure to bring warm clothes, regardless of the season, as the beach can be cold and windy. This Phillip Island Tour truly is a remarkable experience!