1 Day Sovereign Hill & Ballarat Gold Mine Tour
Operates: Mon, Tue, Thu & Sat
Departs: 7:20 am (approximately)
Returns: 5:30 pm (approximately)
- Step back in time to a perfectly recreated 1800’s Gold-mining Town on this Sovereign Hill Tour.
- Visit shops and Goldsmiths and craftsmen of a bygone era.
- Try your luck panning for gold (own expense).
- See working horses including Clydesdales as they go about their everyday business.
- Take a 10-minute underground adventure tour of the Red Hill Mine, which depicts the discovery the world’s second largest gold nugget ever found at 69 kilograms. The underground self guided tour-is included, fully guided tour-is at own expense $7.50Adult/$4Child.
- See performers bring back to life the ways of old on this entertaining Sovereign Hill Tour.
- Hear the story of Australia’s infamous Eureka Stockade.
- Visit the historic and charming town of Ballarat.
- Visit the Gold Museum.
Includes: Sovereign Hill Entry Fee, Air conditioned Coach travel, Experienced Driver/Guide, Comprehensive commentary.
Add Ons: Wildlife Park $35
The past is very much present in towns like Ballarat whose early wealth and proud history was due to the mighty gold discovery of the mid 1850s. The glorious legacy that gold bestowed on this colonial town is still evidey restored buildings and atmosphere of proud Ballarat. Sovereign Hill in Ballarat is a perfectly re-created example of Gold rush life during Victoria’s Golden era. Explore the daily ritual of this Gold town and stroll the main street to visit with goldsmiths, crafts people, traders, soldiers and the like. Find your own fortune whilst panning for gold in the stream, go “underground” to the fascinating Gold mine and museum or ride the stage-coach through the village. Exhibits and displays unfold before you as you stroll though this bustling pioneer township. Have a chat to the gentle town folk and be captivated by the friendly outlook on their 1850s daily life. Some activities are at your own expense.