Yarra Valley Wine Tour
Explore the magic, marvel at the beauty, and discover Victoria’s best-kept secret. Taste the happiness brought to you by the artistically crafted wines and chocolates of Yarra Valley. Join us for a trip to Australia’s premier wine producing region in our Yarra Valley Wine Tour.
1 Day Tour
Operates: Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun
Departs: 7:45 am (approximately)
Returns: 4:30 pm (approximately)
***The itinerary may change depending on availability at the wineries. Minimum age 18.
- Inner City Pick up & Drop off
- All wine, ale and cider tastings
- Italian Style Lunch at a winery
- Local Produce for Morning Tea
- Professional Guide
- On-board Entertaining Commentary
- On-board cool-box to keep your purchases fresh
YARRA VALLEY WINE TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Visit 2 friendly award-winning wineries and be greeted by the winemakers.
- Learn about the different styles of wine, whether it be red, white and sparkling varieties of the region.
- Relax in a social touring experience through the stunning Yarra Valley Region.
- Napoleone Cider House & Brewery tastings.
- Free chocolate samples at Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery with over 250 handcraft sweets available for purchase.
- Winery lunch overlooking the picturesque vineyards at Killara Estate followed by a tasting
- Educational tasting at the award winning Rochford Wines.
- Taste the seasonal local produce on offer at Gateway Estate, with tasting treats from the indoor hydroponic greenhouse. (optional strawberry picking at own expense)
- Add on Hot Air Balloon Flight over the Yarra Valley for an additional $405
- Add on Eureka Skydeck and Edge Experience voucher for only $27
Most popular pickup locations:
- BASE BACKPACKERS – 17 CARLISLE STREET, STKILDA @ 07:10
- COFFEE PALACE (NOMADS BACKPACKERS) – 24 GREY STREET, ST KILDA @ 07:07
- DISCOVERY MELBOURNE – 167 FRANKLIN STREET, MELBOURNE @ 07:58
- EXFORD HOTEL- 199 RUSSEL STREET, MELBOURNE @ 07:52
- HABITAT HQ – 333 STKILDA RD, ST KILDA @ 07:15
- HOLIDAY INN – 575 FLINDERS LANE, MELBOURNE @ 07:35
- IMMIGRATION MUSEUM – CNR OF FLINDERS & MARKET STREET @ 07:40
- MERCURE WELCOME/SWANSTON HOTEL – 265 LITTLE BOURKE ST, MELBOURNE @ 07:53
- NOMADS MELBOURNE (INDUSTRY) – 196 ABECKETT ST, MELBOURNE @ 07:58
- PEGASUS APRT’ HOTEL – 206 A’BECKETT STREET, MELBOURNE @ 07:57
- RADISSON HOTEL – 380 WILLIAMS STREET, MELBOURNE @07:56
- RYDGES MELBOURNE – 186 EXHIBITION ST, MELBOURNE @ 07:50
- OLD MELBOURNE GAOL – 377 RUSSELL ST, MELBOURNE (OPPOSITE SPACE) @ 08:00
- ST PAUL`S CATHEDRAL- CORNER OF SWANSTON & FLINDERS STREET @ 07:45
- THE NUNNERY – 116 NICHOLSON ST, FITZROY @ 08:05
- TRAVELODGE SOUTHBANK – 9 RIVERSIDE QUAY, SOUTHBANK @ 07:40
- URBAN CENTRAL – 334 CITY RD, SOUTHBANK @ 07:30
- VIBES SAVOY HOTEL – 630 LITTLE COLLINS, MELBOURNE @ 07:23
- YHA MELB CENTRAL – 562 FLINDERS ST, MELBOURNE @ 07:35
|Departs from Melbourne
Gateway Estate (local produce tastings plus strawberry liqueurs and ports)
Napoleone Cider House and Brewery (sample 3 ciders + 1 ale)
Rochford Winery (sample award-winning wines and browse the gift shop)
Killara Estate Winery (wine tasting & Italian inspired lunch)
Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Ice-Creamery (free chocolate for everyone!)
Arrive to Melbourne
**Wineries/Itinerary/timing is subject to change due to availability
Default departure location: Immigration Musuem (east-side), corner of Market St & Flinders St @ 07:40am
Please note you must arrive at your pickup location at least 10 minutes prior to your allocated pickup time. Pick Up location must be reconfirmed with Autopia at least 24 hours prior to departure.
Only hand luggage is allowed on day tours.
A $25 transfer fee will apply should the passenger wish to change travel dates between 2 – 7 days prior to travel. Transfer or cancellations within 48hrs prior to travel incur a 100% cancellation fee.
Clients must call Autopia Tours to reconfirm pick up location & time, at least 48 hours prior to departure on: +61 3 9393 1344 (Within Australia, and outside of Victoria)
Our friendly reservations team are available from 06:30am to 22:00pm EST, via phone +61 3 9393 1344, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please advise clients that open dated bookings are subject to availability and should contact us 5-7days prior to the date of travel.
Eco Platypus Tours – Small Group Adventure Touring. Maximum of 24 seats.
25-Dec, 1-Jan and all Victorian public holidays
Please notify Eco Platypus Tours of any dietary requirements, medical conditions and travelling contact number prior to departure.
YARRA VALLEY WINE TOUR MAP
Detailed Itinerary of Yarra Valley Wine Tour
We take you to a scenic drive to the picturesque Yarra Valley to enjoy the stunning views of the region with our first stop at a hydroponic farmhouse of Gateway Estate. Then we visit three award-winning wineries and be greeted by winemakers. There we learn about different styles of wine — red, white, and sparkling. It is going to be a relaxed, social touring experience around the region.
We try samples of the products of Napoleone Cider House and Brewery before visiting the award-winning Rochford Wines for an educational cellar door tasting overlooking the gardens and the pretty scenery of the Valley. By now you’re taste buds are really for a winery lunch at Killara Estate Winery, take some amazing landscape photos of the wine region followed by another wine tasting. The afternoon is for those with a sweet tooth with free samples on hand at Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery.
Located near the central business district of Melbourne, Yarra Valley is a must see. The valley has been making world class wines for more than 170 years. Yarra Valley wine tour has been Melbourne’s favorite tourism activity because of the region’s distance from the city.
Prepare yourself to be enchanted by Yarra Valley’s fascinating vistas of vineyards, mountain ranges, and lush green hills. Delight in the region’s best wines, chocolates, and gourmet food. Yes, Yarra Valley wine tour is not all about wines. The region is also rich in agriculture products, and they have the best selection of local gourmet dishes.
Since this is a wine tour, let’s explore the wonders of wine first. Well, wines make you feel relaxed, and it triggers endorphin that causes happiness. Wine, indeed, is a happy pill. Your facial expressions will change after a glass or two of that dry red wine. Be yourself and express who you really are with Yarra Valley’s best Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, or Pinot Noir. Take your time to make new friends and build bridges of friendship with us.
Enjoy the region’s best wines, creatively crafted to hit the right spot that gives you a strange yet fascinating sensation. You can try samples of a wide variety of wines Yarra Valley has produced, from dry to sparkling wines. These wines are created and designed to make you long for more. Let the aroma, flavor, and sparkle of the wines lift your spirit up as you learn about Yarra Valley’s secrets in producing and delivering world class wines.
We commence our Yarra Valley Wine Tour with a stop at the Gateway Estate. Know more about their hydroponic greenhouses used to grow strawberries, capsicums, and other farm produce. Learn some techniques of sustainable farming. You can also sample some of their seasonal produce and fresh fruits. They also have strawberry liqueurs, cheeses, and relishes you can try. You can pick strawberries from the strawberry plants yourself, but with an extra cost.
Then we visit the rustic cellar doors of Napoleone Cider & Brewery House and sample some of their best ciders and ales. Located in the heart of the Yarra Valley, Napoleone is proud of its rich heritage of producing the region’s best ales and ciders, and they received awards for their craft. And we have just begun with our alcohol-filled Yarra Valley wine tour.
Nest stop is Rochford Winery home to the best dry wines in the region. So feel the warmth of their hospitality and savor the taste and the perfect aroma of the winery’s dry wine, whilst overlooking the captivating view of lush vineyards. Take a walk up the tower to see amazing views across Victoria’s most famous wine region.
Then we climb up to the upper side of Yarra Valley, to the Killara Estate Winery for their Italian inspired lunch. Bask in the stunning vistas of the region. Another reason why you should hit the road to Yarra Valley — the wonderful views of vineyards, rolling hills, and mountain ranges.
Our last stop before we head back to Melbourne is the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery. Try some samples of their more than 250 varieties of handcrafted chocolates and sweets. Watch their chocolatiers at work creatively crafting that box of chocolates for your loved ones back home.
Inclusive of this Yarra Valley Wine Tour are all wine, beer, and chocolate tastings. Lunch is an optional extra at Kilara Estate, please decide when purchasing you ticket otherwise we can not guarantee availability. We pick you up from your hotel in the inner city and drop you off at the same hotel. We also provide you a professional and friendly tour guide. Please take note that this tour is suitable only for wine lovers 18 years old and above.
Experience the amazing Yarra Valley vistas, taste the best wines, try the gourmet food, and indulge your senses with handcrafted chocolates. All this in our one-day Yarra Valley Wine Tour.
Submit your review
Last week I had visited wineries in Yarra Valley region with Eco Platypus Tours. It was an excellent experience and tasted a different kind of delicious wines directly from the wineries. The Guide was amazing, he explained everything and took us to all popular wineries. I would recommend Eco Platypus Tours to anyone who likes to visit Yarra Valley Wineries.