Reverse Great Ocean Road Day Tour
1 Day Tour
Operates: Daily (All year-round)
Departs: 7:20 am (approximately)
Returns: 9:00 pm (approximately)
- City pickup and Drop off
- Morning tea & biscuits
- National Park Fees
- Professional guide
- Onboard commentary
- Audio translation devices
GREAT OCEAN ROAD DAY TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Escape Melbourne crossing one of Australia’s highest bridges, namely the West Gate Bridge which was completed in 1978.
- With our first stop in the sleepy town of Colac for morning tea
- Travel the Great Ocean Road in reverse away from the crowds
- London Bridge or Gibson Steps, The Razor Back, Island Arch
- Explore the hidden Loch Ard Gorge: historic shipwreck site
- Experience the wonder of the 12 Apostles, optional 15min helicopter flight available (additional expense, subject to availability)
- Check out the breathtaking coastal lookouts
- Travel through the Cape Otway and Port Campbell National Parks
- See the ancient rainforest, giant eucalyptus trees and find a carnivorous snail
- Stop for a picturesque picnic lunch on the Great Ocean Road
- Keeping a watchful eye out for our colourful native birds and australian wildlife
- Visit the gorgeous coastal township of Apollo Bay
- You might even get the opportunity to see Koala up close in the wild
- Capture the perfect selfie of you on the world famous Great Ocean Road
- Before passing through the seaside resort townships of Lorne and Angelsea
- Stretch your legs at one of the many beaches along the beautiful coastline, opportunity to swim if time and weather permits
- Hear the historic stories surrounding the construction of the Great Ocean Road at the Memorial Arch
- Stretch your legs at one of the many beaches along the beautiful coastline, opportunity to swim if time and weather permits.
- Check out Torquay’s famous factory outlet surf shops, whilst you enjoy dinner before heading home.
ABOUT THE GREAT OCEAN ROAD
The Great Ocean Road follows the southwest coastline of Victoria from Torquay to Warrnambool — around 300km. With breathtaking panoramic views, it winds its way through many State and National Parks.
The dramatic ocean scenery changes markedly between three sections: the Surf Coast, which starts at historic Geelong; the Otway Ranges, where the road leaves the coast at Angelsea; and the Shipwreck Coast, where it re-joins the sea. The highlight of any tour of the Great Ocean Road is the Twelve Apostles, a dramatic group of outcrops isolated from their headlands by the fierce erosion of the sea. Visiting the Apostles is an unforgettable experience.
Submit your review
It was a great idea to avoid the crowd to enjoy my holiday. We went from Melbourne to Great Ocean Road directly and started our tour in a reverse way. The tour guide was more friendly and informed everything upfront with the good commentary throughout the tours. Everyone enjoyed a lot and it was an unforgettable moment!
It was an amazing reverse great ocean road tour with Eco Platypus. Our guide took us safely and showed well all the places. He is well-experienced and has good knowledge to explain about everything. I had a wonderful holiday. I can recommend to anyone who wants to enjoy their holiday at an affordable price. Thank you!